Saturday, March 20, 2010

fast forward

summer 09 pic 009

[photo: costa rica summer 2009]

This gorgeous weather I should be out frolicking in right now rather than updating this thing has successfully lured me to state of pure excitement about the glorious months of freedom and sweat ahead we call summer. Usually, I would opt to leave the city as the weaving-wafting smells of poop and weekends of city-desertion aren't the most appealing elements of the season, but having travelled other parts of this hemisphere for a large portion of last summer, I've developed a fresh wanderlust for a summer in the city. Summer concerts, art shows, warm weather, weekends at the beach, and most of all, artistic freedom ... can't wait! I plan to get a part-time job, attempt to sell my art in Union Square, photograph, paint in the park, visit museums and galleries with more frequency than I'm presently allowed, coordinate many a picnic, hang out in the Cloisters, run around in muu-muus at the beach, and revel in the free-spiritedness that summer brings to life.

I plan to also carry on the traditional cross-country trek to the lovely San Francisco Bay Area to see my family and experience a different sort of city life, but this year, my mother wants us to visit my little brother in San Diego as well, which will be fun since SD is in fact my place of birth and I haven't been there since age 10. SHE is going on a trip to Australia with her high school friends this summer and I am quite envious, but also so extremely happy that she got this opportunity she very much deserves. I've been fortunate to have travelled to Europe, the Philippines, Costa Rica, the Bahamas and Mexico in these past several years, but I don't believe my mother has been out of this continent since leaving the Philippines around my age.

With that, I'm out to library hop and read and draw in the sun! Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather while it lasts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Me