Monday, March 22, 2010

green & free

IMG_6581_0773 copyIMG_6574_0766 copyIMG_6577_0769 copyIMG_6578_0770 copy
blueprints of the designs to be executed

[photos by me]

Starbucks was promoting their green initiative last week near Madison Square Park by using recycled coffee cups to assemble a giant art installation intended for use in a commercial.

We headed over there for lunch, because a few of my classmates wanted to try Shake Shack, and we ended up snagging free reusable coffee mugs in exchange for the materials they needed for the installation - paper cups. I've been all over the reusable mug thing - haha, so much so that I've been lugging around three different ones containing tea, water and coffee all over town. Needless to say, I was a bit overly excited about my mug.


A friend of mine designed some inserts for hers - gotta love us overzealous art students :) haha, but they're amazing and I think she should submit them to Starbucks.

And if you don't already have refillable mugs, Starbucks gives you a discount if you fill yours instead of one of their cups. The average person discards over 1500 pounds of trash a year! I can't say I'm a saint when it comes to the environment, but I do what I can.

More info about the event here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Me