Friday, April 23, 2010

labyrinth final

As promised earlier, I had planned to make a 3d version of a typographical comp i did last week. well .... to refresh your memories:

Untitled-2
this was the original comp

IMG_8525
IMG_8536
IMG_8531
IMG_8534
IMG_8545
IMG_8549
IMG_8564

....it happened! I will post a better picture of the solution (not in a pizza box), but, all in all, the whole project took me the time it would take a normal person to go to dinner, come home, get ready for bed, go to bed, sleep in, then get dressed to go to work. I'm happy with the result as was my professor despite the fact that I almost keeled over in class of exhaustion. The last photo is a picture of the sun coming up as I was still working feverishly at this time. The form is made out of illustration board and 100lb bristol and neon construction paper. Let me tell you, gluing paper together is pretty much the most painstaking thing you can ever do (or attempt to do).

I've been documenting many of my processes, mostly because they're always so chaotic but often make great, spontaneous images. I have a few more, but this was captured fairly often throughout the night, so I thought I'd post before I get too busy again. xo, T



1 comment:

  1. tam you know how i love your labyrinth and i must say i really love that last photo. i've fallen in luuuuuuuuuuurve with it

    ReplyDelete

Search Me